Every gardener who grows tomatoes in his backyard farm wants to get a rich harvest at the end of the season without wasting time and effort. Tomato Fighter is a versatile variety with good taste and minimal care.
Description and characteristics of tomato varieties Fighter (Buyan)
Fighter, he is also called Buyan - refers to early ripe, determinant varieties of tomatoes. Tomato Buyan does not belong to the hybrid varieties, its seeds can be collected at the end of the season for planting next year. From germination to harvest - 100 days.
The plant according to the characteristic is not tall, reaches a height of up to half a meter and is moderately dominant. High-yielding ovaries are formed every two leaves. Ripening fruit lasts until the first autumn frosts.
The fighter is an early ripe variety, according to the description it has plum-like, glossy fruits with weight from 80 to 180 grams. The flesh is fleshy with a small amount of seeds.Variety Tomato Fighter has fruits weighing 80-180 grams
Differs in high yield, from the square. meter can be collected up to 10 kg. In the season of favorable summer and with quality care, you can collect from one bush up to 8 kg.
Buyan can be grown under the film cover and in the open field. Fruits well on light and highly fertile soil. It tolerates drought and cold with dignity, and is immune to various viral and fungal diseases.
The name of the tomato was due to the fight against adverse weather conditions, while giving a rich and tasty harvest.
Variety ideal for pickling, because of its dense skin. It can be used fresh, stewed and dried. The fighter can be frozen, while maintaining all the useful properties and unforgettable taste.
The origin of the variety and region of growth, subspecies of tomato
The fighter was bred by Siberian breeders in 2012 and is ideal for a constantly changing climate. Bred for cultivation in Siberia and the Urals, where the short and cool summer.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages include:
- Frost and drought tolerance
- Early ripeness and short stature
- Resistance to fungal diseases and viruses
- Does not require a garter
- With dignity transfers the change of night and day temperature
- Grows like on open beds, and in greenhouses
- Ideal for preservation and fresh consumption
The variety is not intended for long-term fresh storage.
Seeds are sown in fertile soil in late march. The prepared seed is placed in a tamped and moist soil to a depth of 2-3 cm, covered with a film and cleaned in a warm place.
With a short light day, seedlings increase lighting with fitolamps. For rapid growth, the plant needs at least 15 hours of light. When two true sheets appear, seedlings dive into separate tanks.
In order not to damage the root system during transplantation, the seedlings should be dived. in peat pots.Tomato Seeds Fighter
10 days before disembarking to a permanent place, seedlings need temper. To do this, the container is removed in a cooler place. Young seedlings are watered as the top layer dries with warm, settled water. In the water, for the prevention of diseases, you can add a few granules of potassium permanganate.
Transplantation of tomatoes in open ground and care
Hardened seedlings are planted on open beds after the earth warms up up to 15 degrees. The optimal number of bushes: 8 per square. meter. The beds should be located on the south side and must be protected from drafts.
The grade is unpretentious in leaving. To obtain a generous harvest, you must follow the basic rules of care:
- Watering - warm, defended water. The best time is morning and after sunset.
- Loosening and removing weeds. Weed grass must be removed regularly, as it carries with it all sorts of diseases. Loosening the soil is carried out after each irrigation, carefully, trying not to damage the root system.
- Top dressing. Feed the plant 10 days after transplanting nitrogen-phosphorus fertilizers. During the fruiting period, tomatoes are fed with potash fertilizers.
A big mistake is made by gardeners, not observing these simple rules. Although the variety and unpretentious care, but, like any culture needs care.
Diseases and their pests
Variety Fighter (Buyan) is immune to many fungal and viral diseases. But if some of the rules of care are not followed, the variety may be subject to certain diseases.
- Late blight - A common disease of tomatoes. The disease occurs when excessive humidity and temperature changes. The disease affects the fruits and leaves. They become brown in color. You can fight this disease by spraying a bush with copper containing means.
The desired percentage of Bordeaux mixture, to prevent burns, check with a nail: when you buy a red color, add lime to the mixture.
- Gray rot - formed on the fruit in the form of dark spots. The disease occurs due to lack of calcium and moisture. Help is to spray the plant with calcium nitrate.
- Cracking fruit - occurs due to high humidity, excess fertilizer in the soil, lack of light, with strong gusts of wind and a large number of crops on one bush.
Disease prevention is better than cure. To do this, it is necessary to carry out preventive measures:
- Timely watering with warm water in the morning or evening
- Weed control
- Fertilizing plants with mineral fertilizers, the plant suffers from both a lack of complementary foods and an excess of
The fighter (Buyan) is ideal for growing in regions with a short, slightly sunny summer and with a long spring. Its beautiful and smooth fruit will decorate any holiday table. Tomatoes are good in brine, in salad and in dried form.